One of the best things about diners in New Jersey is that they incorporate a wide variety of international cuisine into their menus. At Oakland Diner, we have a selection of Greek and Italian food that our customers love—our staff is quite fond of them as well! Read on to find out about these classic Greek foods and how they can be a part of a healthy and well-balanced diet!
- Traditional Greek food is simple, but delicious. Ancient Greeks often ate simple meals of bread, meat, and vegetables, with sauces and spices to add some flavor.
- Many Greek recipes have stayed exactly the same for over 2000 years!
- Greek tradition often involves four meals per day—typically, two smaller breakfast-type meals, a large dinner in the early afternoon, and a late evening meal. Our diner in New Jersey is open late, making the perfect excuse for a late-night Greek meal!
- Traditional Greek food is quite healthy, incorporating many vegetables and using natural fats from meat such as lamb or beef instead of relying on processed fats like many American foods.
- Greek food has many unique flavors, like the rich, smooth taste of feta cheese, the tangy-creamy flavor of tzatziki sauce, or the herby taste of perfectly seasoned meats.
If you’re looking for a great way to sample some classic Greek-style food, look no further than the Oakland Diner! While we do not have a full Greek menu, we’re sure that our offerings will inspire your taste buds and fill you up!